Vegan Chocolate Volcano Cupcake (aka Single Lady Cupcake)
Yields 1 cupcake
- 3T flour (I used spelt flour)
- heaping 1/16th tsp salt
- 1T applesauce (I used this but recipe gave oil and some other options for this)
- 1T plus 1 tsp liquid (nondairy milk or water, I used soy milk)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 T sugar
- 1 T (non-dairy) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 330 degrees. Mix the ingredients and pour into an oiled (or sprayed) muffin pan. Smooth top of batter.
- Cook for 12-15ish minutes.
Mrs Dohpaz Recipe
Tonight was one of those nights where I just had to have something sweet. I could have made my go-to smoothie but our blender has been acting up. (It’s time for a new one) I had seen this recipe earlier today and decided to give it a go. After all the recipe only makes 1 (though I made 2 because I probably would be a single lady if I only made one and didn’t share with my husband) so I figured that if it wasn’t great, at least I didn’t waste a ton of ingredients.
First impressions were it made the kitchen smell AWESOME. I have only had a few vegan desserts that I’ve tried and they’ve all turned out pretty dang good. (Hint: I need to do this more.) Waiting for the dang things to cool down a bit is practically torture.
As I said, I didn’t have enough of the ingredients to make either of the toppings suggested so I added chocolate chips. Which as you can see ended up congregating in the middle and making my cupcake like a vegan chocolate volcano cupcake. And I gotta say… REALLY great.
Really. Yum. I don’t know if I have more words to express.
It was the excellent impulse baking project tonight! It literally took me all of 20 minutes to make.